Woohoo, the first month of 2020 is already over! It’s crazy, but I actually feel like I got so much done this month despite being stuck in bed sick for a whole week of it haha. I hit lots of business highs and am feeling more excited than ever about 2020!
So without further ado:
- The very first week of 2020 I photographed the install of a gorgeous HARRY POTTER-THEMED Bridal Window Display, and then the next day photographed the lovely Pence family during a rainstorm.
- I drove straight from that session to the local anime convention, SacAnime and took a bunch of really fun cosplay portraits there that weekend!
- I championed my financials and finished logging an entire year’s worth of terrible record-keeping in one night (a new policy is in place thanks to Damon’s skill with Excel, let me assure you!)
- I organized my very own styled photoshoot up in the snow which you can read all about and see the gorgeous photo from here!
- I attended my first ever Tuesdays Together meeting after finally being convinced my my good friend Risa of Risa James Events to go. It. Was. AWESOME! So much fun not only meeting a bunch of other local creatives, but really being intentional about aiming for realistic goals and planning for the upcoming year.
- I met up with two other insanely talented local photogs Ashley Baumgartner and Erica Vernis and we had breakfast and talked shop at the cutest coffee shop in Downtown.
- I attended a Flatlay Workshop hosted by the aforementioned Ashley Baumgartner and learned all there is to know about arranging flatlays (for weddings), tools for my styling kit, art theory, props and more!
- I had my first ever Mentoring session teaching my good friend Roman how to use Adobe Premiere for video editing!
- Not to mention I did FOUR blogs in January- 5 if you count this one, way to go, me!!
Of course promptly after that third week of January I got sick after interacting with so many people and was in bed with an extremely yucky fever and chills for a week straight. I do not get sick very often but when I do it reeaally K-O’s me. But I am “back in the land of the living” as my Nana likes to say, so I am so very thankful for that!
And you know honestly, January was "Morgan Potter Photography" month, and not so much “Morgan” month! I think it’s nice to have achieved so much for my business in one month (after having two very “personal” heavy months during the holidays before this). It is a nice balance and I feel extremely refreshed!
The weather here in Sacramento this week has been absolutely gorgeous (like Spring status- I am ready!!) and sunshine and blue skies is all I need to feel motivated going into February!
I am looking forward to Damon’s birthday February 3rd, Galentine’s Breakfast and Valentine’s Day, seeing my friend Roman perform comedy and magic at the Crooked Lane Brewing Company in Auburn, 2 anime movies my friend Sammy and I are going to see in theaters, getting my TAXES done, and my highschool friend is getting married on the 22nd!
BOOK OF THE MONTH: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson (audiobook I listened to on my deathbed for three days lol)
TV SHOW OF THE MONTH: I watched about 4 seasons of Chuck while I was sick and if you have never seen it, I recommend it to you in a heartbeat!:
Computer geek Chuck Bartowski opens an e-mail that has been encoded, subliminally, with vital government secrets, triggering a massive download of critical information to his brain. With assassins and international terrorists eager to nab Chuck's noggin, it falls to Major John Casey and his partner, CIA agent Sarah Walker, to protect the government's newest and most-unlikely secret agent.
FAVORITE PART OF JANUARY: Being so involved with the local creative community through all the events I attended!
BIGGEST BUSINESS ACHIEVEMENT: Being recognized by several people I’d never met in-person before at the Tuesdays Together meeting- that was pretty cool!
MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT MONTH: OTTERS. I get to go see and feed Asian Small-Clawed River Otters (MY FAV ANIMALS EVER) at Folsom’s SeaQuest on the 6th <3 <3
See you all in February!